Sean has over 12 years experience of living and working in the Middle East. He knows every inch of the Arabian Peninsula. He initially came to train the local military and has also worked in local universities, with Outward Bound groups, trekking groups and schools and as an advisor to both the UAE and Omani Ministries of Tourism.
The winter months from November to April are absolutely perfect for outdoor activities with the season maybe extending a little for the higher regions of Oman where it reaches over 3000m.
Make the Middle East your destination for a week long activity holiday and choose from a number of itineraries:
- Rock climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Road Biking
- Trail Running
- Multi activity
- Jeep Safari
- Motorcycle Safari
If you are a resident, only visiting for a weekend or a couple of days or simply want a guide to show you the hidden wonders why not look at these options:
- Stairway to Heaven. Probably our most popular hike in the UAE, Sean has guided this amazing route many times. This hike has incredible exposure and is close to 10 hours. However it is very achievable and if you are considering it, Sean will make sure you are fully prepared. A comprehensive equipment list is provided as well as training advice prior to departure.
- Jebel Hafeet. A number of beautiful hikes are possible on this stunning mountain that looks out over the sandy plains and also the green vegetation of Al Ain.
- Jebel Jais. The new road has made hiking in this area very accessible and it’s possible to get high on the plateau very quickly. We trek through a number of secret wadis and villages and there are always new routes to explore plus a few hidden staircases.
- Jebel Yibir. More remote than the other areas this is a truly amazing area at an elevation close to 2000m. Views of the Musandam Peninsula and the ocean are incredible.
- Musandam Peninsula. These hikes are over a weekend and accommodation is either camping or in the stunning hotels. There is such a variety of hikes to choose from each day you will wonder why you have never been before.
Price on request
We run a number of courses aimed at beginners through to advanced both indoors and outdoors. Climbing sessions outdoors are half or full days whereas indoor sessions are shorter. Climbing can be booked as individual days or a complete series of progressive classes.
Introduction to climbing
How to progress and improve your climbing skills, technique and safety
Introduction to climbing
Single pitch climbing
Road biking / Mountain Biking / Sand Biking
The UAE and Oman has some of the best biking around. Natural wadis, single track and high plateaus are perfect for mountain bikes. The perfectly smooth roads in the mountains also provide a unique experience and fat biking is something everyone should try. Sean knows every corner of the UAE and Oman so get in touch for a guided tour of the best trails in the regions. Bike rental available.
Abseiling and canyoning is a popular and safe sport. The UAE has some spectacular steep wadis and canyons that go we fully prepared for. Oman and the popular Snake Canyon is a longer trip but something everybody should do once in their life.
Sean knows every corner of the region so join him for an adventure in Oman, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Iran, Lebanon, Cyprus or Turkey.
Please contact Sean about your next adventure.